The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ uses a pressurized air chamber to uniformly reduce body weight in precise 1% increments, reducing up to 80 percent of your body weight. AlterG enables patients and athletes to move unrestricted and pain-free – restoring and building muscle strength, range of motion, balance, function, and fitness.
No other unweighting technology offers as much freedom, control, and versatility. This unique technology allows for normal gait and balance unlike hydrotherapy or harnesses – for superior weight-supported walking, running, and closed kinetic chain exercise. There are many benefits to being able to perform these activities in a reduced weight environment.
- Allows for accelerated recovery after total joint replacement, injury, or surgery to the lower extremity (Hip, Knee, Ankle, or Foot)
- Provides a safe environment for strength and conditioning with seniors or deconditioned patients of any age.
- Safe gait and balance training for those who are looking to increase independence with walking or reduce the risk of falls.
- Aides in weight loss efforts if exercise or walking causes pain in joints of lower extremities
- Reduced weight through the legs helps reduce pain in the low back with standing, walking, or exercise.
- Athletic Benefits
- Minimize downtime after a surgery or injury
- Maintain and improve cardio fitness with less impact
- Begin training sooner and accelerate recovery for an earlier return to sport